Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Late night mechanics









Just finished fettling with the bike. It's a good feeling: covered in black goo and dirt; a few skinned knuckles; a beer in hand.

The alloy chainring bolt 'females' I used the other day, in my abortive attempt to go out for a ride, have been pulled in favor of steel. Advice from Chris and some forum scanning led me to believe I'd see nothing but problems. I thought I'd be ok with steel bolt and alloy 'female' sections, but I'm coming down on the safe side.

I also replaced the brake pad holder with the stuck pad. This has never happened so badly before, so I'm not sure what to do. Still, I must be one of the few folk who has a spare xtr v brake lying around, so I raided the parts. Never trust a bike corsair.

So: bike in one piece; rider in too big a piece.

Spring soon...time to find some form.

No comments: